Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Dodgers Don't Stop with Manny

Manny Ramirez is the key to getting in the playoffs, right? Well, at least not him alone. The Dodgers acquired future Hall of Famer Greg Maddux from the Padres for two minor leaguers to be named later. After today's games, the Dodgers remain one game back from the first place Diamondbacks. So now the additions of Manny Ramirez, Casey Blake, and Greg Maddux will be put to the test. I guess I should have added Joe Torre to the list since this is his first year with the Dodgers organization. This recipe has worked before. I'm talking about when the Dodgers added Maddux in 2006 during their postseason push and were successful. My money is on the Dodgers all the way, even with the Diamondbacks' acquisition of Adam Dunn. It seems that the NL West, which now has two teams above .500 (wohoo!) has come down to a race between two teams. As much as I hate to say it because of my support of the Giants, the Dodgers will make the playoffs. And why should that be surprising? After all, Torre made the playoffs every year from 1996-2007 with the Yankees.

0 Comments: