Sunday, April 19, 2009

Commentary: First Round Action - Opinions, Thoughts, Impressions

Ehh, what to say other than SURPRISE.

1. First, oh the mighty Celtics how you guys just kill me. So, the major trend of this series will be the epic clash between Rajon Rondo and Derrick Rose (36 points, 11 assists - Playoff Debut and the most calm and composed player I have ever seen (almost)). Anyways, Ray Allen, doing his thang, missing his shots during the beginning of the playoffs as usual.

“I heard it all,” Rose said, matter-of-factly. “I want all the pressure as a rook and people saying I can’t lead the team. We fed off of it.”
- Derrick Rose's new nickname: The Beast.

Anyways, this was a hefty loss for the Celtics especially since it was at home...with a wild set of fans. Celtics should regroup, watch tape, and get their heads outta the gutter.

2. Next, Blazers vs. Rockets (All the Yahoo analysts picked the Blazers, I do too). Rockets just had everything going for them - superior offense, kinda sorta stopped Brandon Roy, all around good play. The Blazers were never really able to get some sort of momentum going, but I'm sure they'll be able to rebound. If Aldridge picks up his play and Brandon Roy + Steve Blake keep a steady backcourt, the Blazers have this in the bag. Aaron Brooks had an unusually nice game, especially from beyond the arc...I say it's a fluke. Yao had a perfect game (literally 9-9 from FG, 6-6 from FT).

3. Philly/Magic game was probably the best game so far. Sixers really pulled off quite an upset especially with a nice comeback in the fourth quarter. Iggy's shot dumbfounded me - definitely one of the most underrated players in the NBA. Honestly, the Sixers have a shot at this - I doubt they can stop Dwight, but if they can suspend the perimeter shooting of the Magic that'll help tremendously.

Good start to this year's playoffs, I'll try to keep updating as much as possible. Stay tuned.

0 Comments: